ACCL Membership Directory
James J. Scott
B.A. University of Missouri 1973
J.D. Saint Louis University School of Law 1976
General Counsel to CRB, a global design, construction and consulting company serving life science and advanced technology clients.
General Counsel to CRB, a global design, construction and consulting company serving the life science and advanced technology industries.
Senior Lecturer, Sam Fox School of Architecture at Washington University in St. Louis.
- American Bar Association (1976-Present)
- Forum on the Construction Industry (1985-Present)
- Chairman (1994-1995), Governing Committee Member (1991-1996) and Former Chairman of Design/Build and Construction Management Division (1988-1991)
- Missouri Bar (1976-Present)
- Senior Lecturer, School of Architecture, Washington University in St. Louis (1984-Present)
- American Arbitration Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
- Forty Years of History, ABA Forum on Construction Law (2016)
- Professionalism and Client Development, ABA Forum on Construction Law (2015)
- Managing Uncertainty and Expectations in Building Design and Construction, American Institute of Architects (2015)
- Risk Lessons from the Beartooth Mountains, 10th Annual Construction Law Institute, Montana Bar Association (2014)
- New Developments in Project Delivery, CSI (2013)
- Conflict Management in Today’s Construction Industry, St Louis Council of Construction Consumers (2012)
- 21st Century Ethics for Construction Lawyers, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry (2012)
- The Future of Construction Law, American College of Construction Lawyers (2012)
- Construction Lawyer Perspectives on Best Value, St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers (2011)
- Mind the Gap: Legal Perspectives on the Use of BIM, Associated General Contractors (2011)
- Construction Lawyering in the Age of the Unthinkable, American College of Construction Lawyers (2010)
- Risk Management and Contract Processes, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry (2009).
- Integrated Project Delivery, American Institute of Architects, Associated General Contractors (2009).
- Building Information Modeling, Design-Build Institute of America (2009).
- Collaboration, Conflict Management and Compliance, Construction Industry Institute (2009).
- Dispute Prevention and Resolution, Construction Industry Institute (2008).
“A Passion for the Remarkable.” The Construction Lawyer (2001).
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
← Return to Previous Page
Faculty Member, School of Architecture, Washington University in St. Louis
Missouri Supreme Court Rule 17 Mediator
American Arbitration Association, Member
Member, St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers
Certified BIM Instructor, Associated General Contractors