- Member, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member, Indiana Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Past Chair, ABA Section of Tort & Insurance Practice Section
- Past Chair, Fidelity & Surety Law and Appellate Advocacy Committee of the American Bar Association
- Member, ABA House of Delegates
- Past Member, Governing Committee of the ABA Forum Committee on the Construction Industry (Past Chair)
- Member, ABA Section of Corporation, Banking and Business Law, Committee considering draft changes to the UCC Article on Sales
- Member, Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (Past President, current President of Federation Foundation)
- Member, The Defense Research Institute (Past Member, Board of Directors)
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel
- Fellow, American College of Construction Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- ABA Advisor to the Commissioners on Uniform Laws
- Member, The American Law Institute Redrafting the Uniform Statutory Construction Act and Drafting the Model Code on Punitive Damages
- Advisor to The American Law Institute Committee Redrafting the Restatement of the Law of Suretyship
- Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
ACCL Membership Directory
Hugh E. Reynolds
- 7554 Tarpon Cove Circle
- Lake Worth, Florida 33467
- Email: HughReynoldsJr@gmail.com
- Phone: (317) 237-3800
- Company Phone: (317) 237-3800
- Fax: (317) 237-3900
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame, 1950
- Law School: University of Michigan School of Law, 1953
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
Articles and Publications/Speeches, Panel Discussions,and Seminars:
Has contributed articles and delivered lectures in connection with his ABA activities as well as lecturing for Federal Publications, The New York Law Journal, The Defense Research Institute, the National Coalition for Litigation Cost Containment, the Florida State Bar Association, the American Society of Civil Engineers, Purdue University, and the Indiana State Bar Association. Has also served as Editor of The Construction Lawyer, contributed chapters to several McGraw-Hill and Wiley Law Publicatioon books on construction law, and taught and wrote on military affairs, international law and other subjects at the Judge Advocate General’s School at the University of Virginia.
- Contributor to Hazardous Waste Disposal and Underground Construction Law, Wiley Publications, 1987, Ch. 1, “Responsibility for Underground Construction Failures”.
- Contributor to Construction Subcontracting: A Legal Guide for Industry Professionals, Wiley Law Publications, 1991, Ch. 6, “The Applicability of the UCC”.
- Contributor to the McGraw-Hill, Construction Business Handbook, 1985, Ch. 37, “Recovery of Interest and Attorneys’ Fees”.
- Contributor to Avoiding Liability in Architecture, Design and Construction, John Wiley & Sons, 1983, Ch. 5, “Do I Have Any Responsibility for Job Safety?”
- Contributor to New York Law Journal publication entitled “Construction Litigation”, 1979, Ch. 3, “Rights and Liabilities of Subcontractors”.
- Article in The Construction Lawyer, Vol. VII, No. 2, 1987, “Is Eichleay the Answer? An In-Depth Look at Home Office Overhead Claims”.
- Contributor to The Construction Lawyer, Spring, 1984, “The Pyramids Case”.
- Contributor to Handling Fidelity, Surety & Financial Risk Claims, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Ch. 2, “Check and Securities Forgery Clauses”.
- Contributor to Manual on the Commercial Blanket Bond, ABA, Chapter on “Inventory Exclusion and Profit and Loss Exclusion Clauses”.
- Co-author, DRI Special Publication Monograph, Vol. 1989, No. 5, “A Constitutional Analysis of the American Medical Association’s Medical Liability Project Proposal”.
- “Misrepresentations — Not Always a Defense”, Insurance Counsel Journal, 25:213 April, 1958.
- “Dispute Procedures in the Federal Government Construction Contract: Three Views”, Introduction, Federation of Insurance Counsel Quarterly, 28:1956 Fall, 1977.
- “Co-Prime Contracts: Is One Co-Prime a Third-Party Beneficiary Under the Performance Bond of Another Co-Prime?” Federation of Insurance Counsel Quarterly, 31:21-9, Fall, 1980.
- Contributor to article in The Forum (Law Journal for the Torts & Insurance Practice Section) entitled “Some Problems Peculiar to Public Official Bonds”, 1969.
- Contributor to article in The Forum entitled “Federally Subsidized Construction Programs”, 1973.
- Co-authored article entitled “General Liability for Property Damage Due to a Contractor’s Negligent Construction”, The Construction Lawyer, August, 1993.
- Authored article entitled “What is a Contractor’s Warranty Responsibility for Owner-Specified Materials — Trustees of Indiana University v. Aetna Casualty & Surety”, The Construction Lawyer, October, 1991.
- Co-authored article entitled “Fidelity Bonds and the Restatement”, William & Mary Law Review, Summer, 1993.
- Contributor to Construction Owner’s Handbook, Wiley Law Publications, 1992, Ch. 14, “What to Do When the Contractor Defaults”.
- Author of chapter on the UCC as it applies to construction contracts and performance and completion matters in the handbook prepared by Federal Publications for its 5-day course on Construction Law (I also teach that section for 3 hours each time the course is given — generally twice a year).
- Retired Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve
← Return to Previous Page