- C. R. Lewis, Esq., Law Firm, Dothan, AL, June 1973-December 1973.
- U.S. Air Force, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Keesler Air Force Base, MS, December 1973-May 1978.
- Hand Arendall LLC, Mobile, AL, May 1978-June 2015.
ACCL Membership Directory
W. Alexander Moseley
- Arbitrator, Attorney
- P.O. Box 1477
- Monteagle, Tennessee 37356
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 931-924-6291
- Cell: 251-751-3913
- Company Phone:
- Undergraduate: B. A., Political Science University of the South, 1070 1970
- Law School: J.D. University of Alabama School of Law, 1973 1973
Alec Moseley joined the Mobile, Alabama law firm of Hand Arendall in 1978, after service in the United States Air Force, and practiced there as associate and partner for 37 years. After a few initial years of general civil litigation, he narrowed his focus to commercial litigation and arbitration with primary emphasis on construction and design disputes, and later to a significant transactional practice involving construction and design contracts, subcontracts, and related agreements. In mid-2015, Alec retired from Hand Arendall and moved to Monteagle, Tennessee, where he remains an AAA arbitrator, and pursues other interests his reduced workload allows.
- American Bar Association, 1978-2015
- Forum on the Construction Industry (Former Division Chair, Governing Committee Member, Publications Committee (Chair))
- Public Contracts Section
- Litigation Section
- Alabama Bar Association, 1978-Present
- Section on the Construction Industry (founding member, initial Chair)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Unauthorized Practice of law Committee
- Mobile Bar Association, 1978-2015
- Public Service Committee (Chair)
- Grievance Committee
- Fee Dispute Committee (Chair)
- Professional Relations Committee (Chair)
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American College of Construction Lawyers, 2009-Present; Newsletter Editor, Journal Associate Editor
- Best Lawyers in America (Construction Law), listed from inception of classification until withdrawal from active firm practice, SuperLawyer in Construction and Surety
ABA Forum Committee on the Construction Industry,ABA Section of Public Contract Law,American Arbitration Association Panel of Arbitrators,Associated General Contractors, all through 2015.
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
- Drafting the Arbitration Clause to Avoid Common Complaints, 8:1 Journal of the American College of Construction Lawyers 161 (Winter 2014)
- How Can the Construction Industry Better Manage Consequential Damages for Delay? And Will the Courts Cooperate? 3:2 Journal of the American College of Construction Lawyers 39 (Summer 2009)
- Owners’ and Contractors’ Commentaries on Problem Profusions, 28:2 The Construction Lawyer 26 (Spring 2008)
- What Do You Mean I Can’t Get That? Discovery in Arbitration Proceedings – 26:2 The Construction Lawyer 18 (Fall 2006)
- AGC Contract Documents Handbook (2006), Chapter Author
- DISCOVERY DESKBOOK FOR CONSTRUCTION DISPUTES, Second Edition (ABA 2015) (Editor and Co-Author)
- CONSTRUCTION DAMAGES AND REMEDIES, Second Edition (ABA 2013) (Editor and Chapter Author)
- ALABAMA CONSTRUCTION LAW (HLK Global 2006)
- DISCOVERY DESKBOOK FOR CONSTRUCTION DISPUTES (ABA 2006 (Editor and C0=Author)
- CONSTRUCTION DAMAGES AND REMEDIES (ABA 2004) (Editor)
Speeches, Panel Discussions, Seminars
- “Drafting an Arbitration Clause that Works,” presentation at The Construction ADR Summit (ABA October, 2015).
- “The Reality Behind the Theory of Loss of Labor Productivity: Challenges to Admission of – or Belief in – Lost Productivity Claims Based on Industry Studies,” presentation at Midwinter Meeting of ABA Forum on Construction Industry, Jan-Feb 2013.
- “Point/Counterpoint on Key A201 Provisions: The Hot Button Issues and How They Have Changed,” presentation at Midwinter Meeting of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, January and February, 2008
- “What Do You Mean I Can’t Get That? Discovery in Arbitration Proceedings,” presentation at Annual Meeting of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, May, 2006
- Teleconference, “The 2007 A201 General Conditions: A Guide to the Hot Button Changes,” ABA, April, 2008
- Numerous workshops, speeches and seminars in Mobile, Alabama on topics related to construction and design law and contract documents presented to Associated General Contractors, Construction Specifications Institute and Mobile Bar Association members, and to attendees at Lorman Educational and National Business Institute seminars.
- Alabama Supreme Court, 1973.
- U. S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1973
- U. S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1978
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- U. S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1982
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1995
- Member, Board of Trustees, St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School, Sewanee, Tennessee
- Member and Secretary, Board of Trustees of Arcadia at Sewanee (nonprofit organized to develop senior living facility)
- Former Trustee (200-2009), Regent, (2009-15) and Secretary of Board of Regents, University of the South, Sewanee, TN
- Former Member, Associated General Contractors of America, Contract Documents Committee
- Former Member, Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer, Big Brothers/Big Sisters
← Return to Previous Page