Rusnak, Deutsch & Gilbert (1974-1978)
Rudnick & Wolfe (1978-1997)
Bell, Boyd & Lloyd (1997-2009)
Bryan Cave LLP (2009-present)
ACCL Membership Directory
Gregory W. Hummel
- Bryan Cave LLP
- 161 North Clark Street
- Chicago, Illinois 60601-3315
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Phone: (312) 602-5013
- Fax: (312) 698-7413
- Undergraduate: MacMurray College, B.A., cum laude, 1971
- Law School: Northwestern University, J.D., 1974
American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
American College of Construction Lawyers (Past President)
American College of Real Estate Lawyers
Council of Development Finance Agencies
Economic Club of Chicago
Illinois Tax Increment Financing Association
International Bar Association
Lambda Alpha, Ely Chapter (Past President)
Urban Land Institute (Trustee, 2002-2011)
Urban Land Institute Foundation (Governor)
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
- “Public Private Partnerships: The American Experience and Lessons from Abroad,” Illinois Society of Construction Lawyers, October 18, 2011
- “Chicago’s Transformation into a Revitalized International Metropolis,” Offices of the Mayor of Chicago and Governor of Pudong, Shanghai, China, April 22, 2011
- “Public Private Partnerships: Evanston and Hanover Park, Illinois – The Tale of Two Cities,” Metropolitan Mayors Caucus Transportation Committee, April 21, 2011, Addison, Ill.
- “Term Sheets and Redevelopment Agreements,” Council of Development Finance Agencies Webinar, April 4, 2011
- “Clusters – A Powerful Economic Development Strategy,” Keynote Address, Spring 2011 Illinois Tax Increment Association Meeting, April 7, 2011, Normal, Ill.
- “Infrastructure Game-Changers,” Chicago Metropolitan Planning Agency, March 9, 2011, Chicago, Ill.
- “Better Buildings – Energy Efficient Retrofits,” North Shore General Counsel Association, Oct. 20, 2010, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- “Infrastructure Game-Changers,” Urban Land Institute Fall 2010 Meeting, Oct. 12, 2010, Washington, D.C.
- “Energy Financing Districts,” Council of Development Finance Agencies, Sept. 16, 2010, Washington, D.C.
- “Tax Increment Financing – The American Experience,” July 26, 2010, Sydney, Australia, given to Urban Development in Australia NSW Leadership, New South Wales Treasury and Planning Departments, and The U.S. Studies Center at the University of Sydney
- “Tax Increment Financing – the American Experience,” Thought Leadership Master Class on the Potential Use of TIF in New Zealand, July 21-24, 2010, Wellington, New Zealand
- “Tax Increment Financing – The American Experience,” Forum on Cross River Rail Project hosted by Clayton Utz, July 19, 2010, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- “Tax Increment Financing – The American Experience,” July 15, 2010, Honolulu, Hawaii
- “Financing Models and Sources; Leasing, Performance Contracting, Cash-flow Lending,” ComEd’s Energy Efficiency Expo, May 19, 2010, Rosemont, Ill.
- “Understanding Your TIF Statute” and “Tax Increment Financing Case Studies: The American Experience,” given at The Advanced TIF Course, Community Development Finance Agencies, Nov. 19, 2009, Washington, D.C., and also May 5, 2010, Milwaukee, Wis., to the Midwest Association of Economic Development Associations
- “Energy Districts and Innovative Financing Ideas,” Urban Land Institute Forum, Dec. 4, 2009, Washington, D.C.
- “Energy Efficiency Financing, Performance Contracting and Public Finance,” Urban Land Institute, June 23, 2009, Washington, D.C.
- “The Gap Analysis and The Art of the Deal,” Illinois Tax Increment Association Fall meeting, Sept. 25, 2009, Chicago, Ill.
- “Tax Increment Financing Case Studies,” Community Development Finance Authorities Annual Summit, May 5, 2009, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- “Creative Approaches to Infrastructure: The Chicago and London Stories,” 2008 Urban Land Institute Fall Meeting and Urban Land Expo, Oct. 29, 2008
- “Tax Increment Financing – The American Experience,” CBA Commercial Finance and Transactions Committee, Oct. 18, 2007
- “Special Service Area Primer,” Illinois Tax Increment Association, Oct. 18, 2007
- “Tax Increment Financing,” National Brownfields Association Conference – The Big Deal, Oct. 17, 2007
- “Whiteside County, Illinois: A Quadra-Modal Opportunity for an Inland Port,” Sept. 21, 2007
- ULI London Forum on Value Capture: “Tax Increment Financing – The American Experience,” June 22, 2007
- “TIF and Special District Financing Strategies: A Tale of Three Towns – Chicago, Sterling and Volo, Illinois,” Council of Development Finance Agencies, Baltimore, Md., May 22, 2007
- “Infrastructure: Finding New Money for Old Problems Through Tax Increment Financing and Special Service Areas,” Urban Land Institute, Chicago, Ill., May 10, 2007
- “Moving Forward with Security: The TIF Application Process and the Art of the Deal,” Illinois Tax Increment Association, Springfield, Ill., April 27, 2007
- “A Tale of Two Towns: Chicago’s TIF Strategy and Volo, Illinois’ Special Service Area and Business District Strategy; Techniques for Negotiating Successful Redevelopment Agreements,” Council of Development Finance Agencies/Tax Increment Financing Symposium, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2006
- “Renewing America’s Infrastructure,” Urban Land Institute, Los Angeles, Calif., Oct. 19, 2006 (moderator)
- “Public-Private Partnerships in the Construction Industry – The American Experience,” International Construction Committee and Energy Section of the International Bar, Sept. 19, 2006
- “Chicago’s Downtown TIF Strategy,” Chicago Central Area Committee, Sept. 4, 2006
- “New Business District Act Presentation,” Community Development Authorities Finance Seminar, Aug. 21, 2006, Washington, D.C.
- “City of Sterling, Illinois and Wal-Mart Distribution Center in Whiteside County, Illinois,” Council of Development Finance Agencies Pre-Summit Workshop: Exploring Tax Increment Financing, May 31, 2006, Austin, Texas
- “Wal-Mart Distribution Center and Timber Trails and Gilberts Towne Center,” Illinois Tax Increment Association, April 21, 2006, Springfield, Ill.
- “Whiteside County, Illinois – County TIF Act Opportunity,” Whiteside County Board, March 24, 2006
- “Beyond Kelo: Reexamining Eminent Domain in Today’s Challenging Planning Climate,” DePaul University – The Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan Development, Jan. 25, 2006 (with Brian E. Martin)
- “Sterling and Whiteside County; Hanover Park and Morton Grove; U.S. Cellular; Butte County, CA; and City of Chicago TIFs,” Urban Land Institute Chicago Young Leaders Financing Track, Sept. 21, 2005
- “City of Sterling, Illinois: Redevelopment of Former 700-Acre Steel Mill,” April 6, 2005
- “12 Principles for Successful Public/Private Partnerships,” Urban Land Institute, Spring 2005
- “Empowerment Zones/Enterprise Communities: Dreams and Realities,” Urban Land Institute, Spring 2004
- “Public Sector Credit Enhancement: Can It Save Your Project?” Urban Land Institute, 1996 (Contributing Author/Editor)
- “Where to Get the Money Today: Prospect the Public Sector for Gap, Bridge, and Other Financing,” Urban Land Institute, 1996 (Contributing Author/Editor)
- “The Holistic Approach to Inner City Development: A Bottoms Up Approach,” Urban Land Institute, 1996 (Contributing Author/Editor)
- “Recycling Vacant and Blighted Central City Industrial Areas,” Urban Land Institute, 1996 (Contributing Author)
- “Science and Research Parks: Universities and Their Cities Take the Lead in Creating Jobs,” Urban Land Institute, 1995 (Contributing Author)
- “War Between The States – Economic Incentives or Give-Aways,” Urban Land Institute, 1994 (Contributing Author/Editor)
- “Financing Land Acquisition and Development,” National Association of Homebuilders, 1989 (Contributing Author)
- Chicago Central Area Committee (Chairman)
- ChildServ and Homes for Children Foundation
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra (Governing Board)
- Lutheran General Hospital – Advocate Health Care System (Governing Board)
- MacMurray College (former Trustee)
- Presbyterian Home (Trustee)
- University of Chicago Music Department (Visiting Committee)
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in the World
← Return to Previous Page