ACCL Membership Directory
Donald G. Gavin
B. S. Economics Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania:
LLM in Public Contract Law National Law Center of George Washington Univ.,
J.D. Univ.PA School of Law
Honors and Activities
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and of the Public Contract Law Section of the American Bar Association.
- Outstanding Service Award, United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America in the specialties of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Construction Law.
- Who’s Who in International Construction Lawyers.
- Who’s Who in the World.
- Who’s Who in America.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers.
- Recognized by Virginia Business Magazine as one of Virginia’s Legal Elite in the specialty of Alternative Dispute Resolution
ABA Committee on Dispute Resolution, ABA Forum Committee on the Construction Industry, ABA Section of Public Contract Law, ABA Section of Tort Insurance Practice, American Arbitration Association Mediation Panel, American Arbitration Association’s Large Complex Case Panel and Mega Project Panel, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, ICDR Panel of Arbitrators, International Bar Association, London Court of International Arbitration
- Frequently selected as Tribunal member by the American Arbitration Association, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, the International Chamber of Commerce and the London Court of International Arbitration. Has arbitrated and mediated a large number of construction and commercial contract disputes involving government, commercial parties and industrial facilities, with claims up to $750 million.
- Member National Construction Disputes Resolution Committee;
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers;
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitrators;
- Fellow of the International Academy of Construction Lawyers;
- Certified Mediator of the International Mediation Institute
- International Bar Association: International Construction Projects and Arbitration Committees; Past Co-chair Project Execution Sub-committee;
- American Bar Association –Public Contract Law Section: Former National Chair and Council Member;Former Vice-Chair Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Tort and Insurance Practice Section;
- Bar Association of District of Columbia; U.S. Court of Federal Claims Committee;
- Bar Association of the United States Court of Federal Claims: Former Member, Board of Governors;
- Virginia State Bar Association: Section of Construction Contract Law
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1980
- Virginia, 1973
- District of Columbia, 1972
- Pennsylvania, 1967
← Return to Previous Page
- Past National President American Ceramic Circle
- Past President of the Potomac Overlook Homeowner’s Association