Please see the following link for additional details. https://www.troutman.com/professionals/albert-bates-jr.html
ACCL Membership Directory
- Troutman Pepper Hamilton Sanders LLP
- 501 Grant St.
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (412) 454-5884
- Cell: 412.656.1149
- Company Phone: (412) 454-5884
- Fax: 866.400.7971
- Undergraduate: B.A., Political Science and Economics Washington & Jefferson College 1983
- Graduate: M.B.A. Vanderbilt University, Owen School 1987
- Law School: J.D. Vanderbilt University School of Law 1987
Honors and Activities
- Pepper Hamilton LLP (now Troutman Pepper)
– Partner, 2016 – Present
- Duane Morris LLP
– Partner, 2007-2016
- Reed Smith LLP
– Partner, 2000-2007
- Babst Calland Clements & Zomnir, P.C.
– Shareholder, 1995 to 2000
– Associate, 1993 to 1994
- Eckert Seaman Cherin & Mellott, LLC
– Associate, 1987-1993
Albert “Albee” Bates is a partner in the Construction Practice Group of Pepper Hamilton LLP, resident in the Pittsburgh office. He leads the group’s international construction arbitration team.
Mr. Bates focuses his practice on the resolution of U.S. and international construction disputes, particularly in the areas of power generation, infrastructure and heavy industrial process facilities. He also advises clients on project planning, project execution, and change management on large engineering, procurement, and construction projects. Mr. Bates has advised clients on more than 15 Mega-Projects, including projects in the United States and internationally. He has acted as counsel on coal, gas-fired, solar, nuclear, biomass and hydroelectric power generation projects; tunneling projects; chemical plants; pharmaceutical plants; steel mills; coke and coal byproduct plants; mass transit, bridge and highway projects; airports; mixed-use facilities; and sports and entertainment venues.
Mr. Bates has a “Band 1” rating in Construction in Chambers USA and is a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers. He is also recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in Construction by The Legal 500 and is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Who’s Who Legal: Construction, and the International Who’s Who of Construction Lawyers.
In addition to serving as counsel in arbitration matters, Mr. Bates has served as an arbitrator or mediator on more than 150 U.S. and international construction and commercial disputes, including multiple matters in which the amount in controversy exceeded $100 million. Mr. Bates is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, serves as a member of the board of directors of the American Arbitration Association/International Centre for Dispute Resolution, is a Fellow in the College of Commercial Arbitrators, and is a Certified Mediator by the International Mediation Institute. In addition, Mr. Bates is honored to be an inaugural member of the AAA’s Mega-Project Construction Panel of Arbitrators.
Prior to joining Pepper, Mr. Bates was chairman of the Construction Group at Duane Morris LLP.
His complete CV is available at https://www.troutman.com/professionals/albert-bates-jr.html
His complete CV is available at https://www.troutman.com/professionals/albert-bates-jr.html.
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
A listing of Representative Cases and Selected Publications Speaking Engagements is available at https://www.troutman.com/professionals/albert-bates-jr.html.
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1995
Please see the following link for additional details. https://www.troutman.com/professionals/albert-bates-jr.html.
← Return to Previous Page