- Harvey, Kruse & Westen, Detroit, MI 1975-1985
- Mager, Monahan, Donaldson & Alber, Detroit, MI 1985-1990
- Mager, Mercer Scott & Alber, Troy, MI 1990-2000
- Alber Crafton, Troy, MI 2001-2016
- Alber Frank, Troy, MI 2016-2019
- Lipson Neilson, Grosse Pointe, MI 2020-present
ACCL Membership Directory
Phillip G. Alber
- Lipson Neilson, P.C.
- 20902 Mack Ave.
- Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan 48236
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (248) 282-8100
- Cell: 313-410-7766
- Company Phone: (248) 282-8100
- Undergraduate: B.A. Economics University of Michigan 1971
- Law School: J.D. Wayne State University 1974
- State Bar of Michigan 1975-present, Representative Assembly 1979-81
- National Bond Claim Association 1989-present, Program Chair 1990-2010
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law 1985-present
- Detroit Bar Association 1975-2020
- Oakland County Bar Association 2010-2019 Member, ADR Committee
- Macomb County Bar Association 2010-present, Case Evaluator – Complex Commercial Cases
- American Bar Association, Public Contracts Law Section 1985-2010
- American Arbitration Association 2006-2012 Arbitrator in Construction Cases
Representative Articles, Publications, Speeches and Seminars
- The Use of ERISA to Recover Amounts Paid to Fringe Benefit Funds, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September, 2020.
- Proportionality in Discovery Under Amended Federal Rule Civil Procedure 26(b)(1), Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September 2018.
- Is There Insurance Coverage for Performance Bond Claims?, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September, 2017.
- Breach, Default, Termination, and Other Contract Provisions: The Need to Connect the Dots in a Performance Bond Claim, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claim Conference, September 2015.
- Digging Through the Rubble – The Prosecution and Defense of Claims After the Contractors Business Fails, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September 2014.
- Legal, Practical and Ethical Considerations when Sitting for a Deposition as a Corporate Designee, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September 2013.
- Electronically Stored Information – Drinking from a Fire Hose, Author, Northeast Fidelity Surety Claims Conference, September 2011.
- Doing Battle with the IRS Over Contract Funds – Who Wins… The Surety or the Government?, Co-author with Omar J. Harb and Nicole A. Schleben, Eastern Bond Claims Conference, May 2009.
- Claims and Defenses Asserted by Principals or Indemnitors Against the Surety, Co-author with Lee McGraw Brewer and Bogda M. B. Clarke, Law of the Performance Bonds, 2nd Edition, Chapter 10, Page 513, American Bar Association, 2009.
- Performance Bond Manual, Chapter on the Law of Michigan, Co-author with Omar J. Harb, Page 297, American Bar Association, 2006.
- Discharge of the Surety By Release of the Principal, Author, Fidelity Surety Law Committee, American Bar Association, January 2005.
- The Effect on the Surety of a Default Judgment Against Its Principal, Author, Eastern Bond Claim Association, May 2001.
- Delay Claims in Michigan, Author, Michigan Bar Journal, 76, No. 6, 1997.
- CD-Roms To Gigabytes: Electronic Media Discovery, Author, Annual Meeting of the Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, American Bar Association, August 1993.
- Making Sense out of Performance and Payment Bonds, Author, Michigan Bar Journal, Vol. 71, No. 10, October 1992.
- Does the Typical Unfair Settlement Practices Act Create Private Rights for Litigants Against Sureties, Author, Bond Claims Seminar, September 1989.
- State of Michigan April 4, 1975
- United States District Court, Eastern District, Michigan April 30, 1975
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals September 21, 1978
- United States District Court, Western District, Michigan May 19, 1982
- United States District Court, Arizona October 10, 1990
- United States District Court, Minnesota July 8, 2004
- Federal Court of Claims October 25, 2006
- Supreme Court of Ohio December 15, 2016
- United States District Court, Northern District, Ohio January 30, 2018
- Detroit Area Construction Association, 2012-2020
- Michigan Center for Civic Education, 2010-present, Judge for National High School Mock Trial Competition.
- Men’s Club of Grosse Pointe, 2020-present
- The Hundred Club of Detroit, 1982-present
← Return to Previous Page